The early bird gets the worm! This saying stays as true today as it was when it first came into being. Waking up early is not just the healthy thing to do but it is the key to success. It’s the biggest favor you can do for yourself and it is the one thing that you know will certainly pay off not just career wise but health wise as well.
People who wake up early tend to be generally happier and have a more positive outlook on life. Here are just a few reasons why you should incorporate waking up early into your routine.
- Peace: The wee hours of the morning are when most people are still asleep; rising early helps you have some time on your own without the interruptions of the modern world. No buzzing cellphones and beeping notification bells, just the peace and quiet of the early morning.Take this time to step out and breathe in the fresh air, go for a jog, enjoy your cup of tea and just take time out for yourself to reflect. You will feel more energized and invigorated during the day and waking up early will pay off.
- Get a head start: Waking up early means more time on your hands, you can get a head start on your job and do what is necessary for you to get ahead of others. Whether it’s completing an assignment or report earlier than required or simply prepping for the rest of the day, the added couple of hours will help you complete your tasks at your pace.
- When you aren’t hurried to meet a deadline everything you do will be more meticulous and hence devoid of errors. Moreover you’ll feel less harassed when you have ample time to complete task rather than having to rush at the last minute.
- It’s the right thing to do by your body: Going to bed early and waking up on time is how the human body has been programmed. It keeps your bodily rhythm in proper sync and hence keeps you healthier. You’ll be able to pay yourself before you start working for anyone else. Your body and mind will do what you need before they start working for somebody else. The ultimate payoff!
- Routine: The human body needs routine in order to thrive, be consistent in your early bird routine in order to gain the maximum results. If you go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 6am then stick to it. It will help your body be at its absolute best.
- You’ll want to go to work: Yes you read it correctly, when you wake up on time you’ll be more energized, more positive and since you’re already awake you will be more productive and hence want to go to work. Rather than waking an hour before you need to leave, and being hurried and pressed for time first thing in the morning you’ll have more time to yourself to eat, bathe and get dressed at leisure which will make you feel like going to the office.