Gone are those days when you were bound to learn in a class-room environment and with limited resources. The Internet has diversified the learning experience. Now you have access to variety of courses which you can take and complete at your own convenience.
Perhaps you want to learn about photography so that you can capture your own events beautifully and professionally, or maybe you want to launch your own business so you focus on learning about startups and entrepreneurship. Keep on learning as this will be all the difference.
To help you get started, here are 35 amazing places to learn something new:
1. Udemy: Own your future by learning new skills online
2. Lynda: Where over 4 million people have already taken courses.
3. CreativeLive: Get smarter and boost your creativity with free online classes.
4. Hackaday: Learn new skills and facts with bite-sized hacks delivered daily.
5. MindTools: A place to learn leadership skills.
6. Codecademy: Learn Java, PHP, Python, and more from this reputable online coding school.
7. EdX: Find tons of MOOCs, including programming courses.
8. Platzi: Get smarter in marketing, coding, app development, and design.
9. Big Think: Read articles and watch videos featuring expert “Big Thinkers.”
10. Craftsy: Learn a fun, new skill from expert instructors in cooking, knitting, sewing, cake decorating, and more.
11. Guides.co: A massive collection of online guides on just about every topic imaginable.
12. LitLovers: Practice your love of literature with free online lit courses.
13. Lifehacker: One of my personal favorites!
14. Udacity: Learn coding at the free online university developed by Sebastien Thrun.
15. Zidbits: Subscribe to this huge collection of fun facts, weird news, and articles on a variety of topics.
16. TED Ed: The iconic TED brand brings you lessons worth sharing.
17. Scitable: Teach yourself about genetics and the study of evolution.
18. ITunes U: Yale, Harvard, and other top universities share lecture podcasts.
19. Livemocha: Connect with other learners in over 190 countries to practice a new language.
20. MIT open courseware: To learn introductory coding skills; plus, check out these other places to learn coding for free.
21. WonderHowTo: New videos daily to teach you how to do any number of different things.
22. FutureLearn: Join over 3 million others taking courses in everything from health and history to nature and more.
23. One Month: Commit to learning a new skill over a period of one month with daily work.
24. Khan Academy: One of the biggest and best-known gamified online learning platforms.
25. Yousician: Who said when you learn something new it has to be work-related?
27. Squareknot: Get creative with other creatives.
28. Highbrow: A subscription service that delivers five-minute courses to your email daily.
29. Spreeder: How cool would it be to be able to speed read?
30. Memrise: Get smarter and expand your vocabulary.
31. HTML5 Rocks: Google pro contributors bring you the latest updates, resource guides, and slide decks for all things HTML5.
33. Cook Smarts: Learn basic to advanced food prep and cooking techniques.
34. The Happiness Project: Why not just learn how to be happy? I’d give five minutes a day to that!
35. Make: Learn how to do that DIY project you’ve had your eye on.